Awareness is the greatest gift we can give to our children. Our presence, our time, our attention, our unconditional love. Fully reconnect with yourself to connect to your child in a truly transformational way.
- Do you feel frazzled, over-extended and emotionally all over the place with your kids?
- Do you want to react less, to feel less triggered, and have more space to respond to your child?
- Do you catch yourself blaming yourself for not spending more and better quality time with your children?
- Do you want to be more present in your life, specially with your children, but don't know how to make it happen day after day?
- Have you read a thousand books on parenting and feel overwhelmed? Do you want to find your own path as a parent?
- Do you believe raising emotionally-intelligent children is just as, or more important, than conventionally successful individuals?
- Are you curious to explore the lights and shadows of this amazing journey that is being a parent?
- Do you just want to feel a little bit of that elusive mythical parenting JOY? Do you want to truly enjoy your child and being a parent?
Join me and a group of like-minded parents on this course covering all the questions above and more. I will give you practical tools and techniques to rediscover the magical opportunities parenting provides us all, in the easy and the difficult times. By increasing your self-awareness you will be modelling it for your own children and helping them live more present, self-realised, and fulfilled lives.
I can't think of a better gift than that.
About the course
In this 3-week online course we will apply mindfulness to our everyday parenting life. We will explore what it means to pay attention to the here and now with your family. And how on earth one achieves that, with so much else going on in our busy lives! I will suggest tools, techniques and simple tips that can be used on a day to day basis. We will look at 3 levels of being soulfully present with your children: physically, mentally and emotionally.
As a mum to a 6-year old boy, as a life coach, as a mindfulness teacher, and as someone with limitless curiosity for self-awareness, I invite you to take a deeper look at your parenting patterns, how your emotional needs play out in the relationship with your children, and how by looking inside you can be more present outside for your loved ones.
Why do I need a parenting course?
This is NOT a parenting course. This is a guided exploration into increasing your self-awareness with and towards your children. I am not about telling you how you should behave, what you should say, or not say, or what values to instil in your children. I am helping you to find out for yourself, to become conscious of your choices, and to parent from your essence in order to find your own path. My approach enables you to find your authentic voice as a mother or father. To recognise your own "issues" and how they are playing out in your relationship with your children. Choice comes from awareness. So increase your awareness and give yourself a richer, fuller, more meaningful parenting experience.
What we'll cover in this course
- An introduction to mindfulness as applied to parenting.
- Illuminating the challenges of being a parent.
- Your child as your emotional mirror.
- How to be an embodied mother/father.
- Tune into your child and out of mental distractions.
- A toolbox of practices for your day-to-day parenting.
- Community sharing online.
- Additional resources and sign-posting for further exploration.
- An easy-to-use ebook of the entire course material for your reference.
Next edition: November 2017
Duration: 3 weeks
If you're wondering...
How does the course work? You’ll get an email from me every day Monday-Friday for three weeks. Each email will contain that day’s material — a combination of words, files, practical tips and audios. A week after the last day of class you’ll receive an ebook containing all the lessons that's yours to keep forever.
I don't know much about mindfulness - is prior knowledge required to take this course? Not really. I will be covering the basics of mindfulness at the beginning and as we go along.
How much time should I expect to spend on the course? That's totally up to you. The daily emails should take no more than 10-15 minutes to read and all the "homework" (prompts, practices and additional resources) is optional. To make the most of the course, I recommend a couple of hours a week to engage with and integrate the material. The emails and ebook are yours forever, so go at the pace that suits you.
What can I expect to get out of this course? You'll be supported to examine what you bring to the "parenting equation" and how that plays out in the relationship with your child. You will also learn tools and practices to integrate mindfulness into your everyday family life and be more present for your children. You’ll develop new ways of relating to, responding to, and setting limits and guidance for your child. If for any reason you're not satisfied with the quality of the course, I will give you a full refund.
Can I get personalised advice on my individual/family situation? I will be available for general support with the course content throughout the 3 weeks. If you are interested in individual coaching sessions with me, there is a discounted rate for all those who have taken/are taking the course (£40 per session).
Can I connect with others taking the course? Yes! We’ll have a private online group where we can share our experiences and support each other.
"I love Magui’s writing and always enjoy reading her articles. As a parent with many things to juggle it was helpful to read things at my own pace and catch up when I was free. Some great techniques and tools were shared and I enjoyed reflecting on the many areas that are covered. What a gift to give ourselves and our kids. I enjoyed the course very much and highly recommend it." - Catherine C., Scotland.